Tales from Cravant

Tales from Cravant
A Cravant View

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cravant Sunsets

1. Cravant:14 August 2012


Sometimes the colours and cloud formations are so lovely. We have a clear view from the front of the house across the fields to a line of trees marking the horizon. With no light pollution to spoil what's going on above us, we are as attuned to the subtle light shifts, as we are to the big dramatic skies that always evoke a 'wow, look at that!'
 
I've learnt over time and missed opportunities, to have a camera with me,  always. Even indoors. I'm not so fanatical though, as to keep it under my pillow. But Mike has got used to me leaping up and rushing out of the front door with my camera, followed by a volley of shutter clicks, as I tried to capture the changing quality of the light. It doesn't always work!


2. Cravant: 4 August 2012




The speed at which the light can change is also interesting. Image 1: was taken at 18h 48 and had gone by 18h 51. Image 2: was taken at 19h 31 and had gone by 19h 32.
These days I'm perfectly happy to  stand and stare in appreciation at the light display going on outside. But every now and again, as with these two images, I just have to grab the camera and try to capture the scene before it disappears.



No comments:

Post a Comment