Tales from Cravant

Tales from Cravant
A Cravant View

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

How can one week go so fast?

It's 8.30am here, so 7.30am in the UK. Brittany Ferries operate on British time, so you're in the UK time zone until you leave the boat. This time last week we'd been on the road in France for just over an hour. A week ago on Monday 10 April, the BOA house had been emptied. The next day it had been spring-cleaned. We'd taken the ferry that same night and in two hours time, we will have arrived in Cravant with our loaded car and begun the process of unpacking.

Where does a week go exactly? This one feels as if it's passed very quickly. Having a good time;  happy to be here; lots to do Yes - these things will have something to do with it. But even so, it's very difficult to fathom. Except when things haven't gone well or aren't quite right, in which case time seems to slow down and it seems to take for every for anything to happen. A cousin in South Africa has just won a golfing trophy at his club for the first time, which he's been trying to do for a few years. Bet his week has flown by since the day. He was soooo pleased.  Now his wife is away for a few days for work, so he's got work, house, their two sons to look after. oh and more golf probably. So I'd bet the few days Eleanor is away will fly by. How will those few days feel to her I wonder?

I remember the first time I read Lord of the Rings. This was ???? years ago. I had a day off and was at home initially. I picked the book up just with the intention of reading a chapter or two. Mike had left for work. I put the book down. Not only had I'd finished it in one session - it was now the afternoon. No sense of time at all. I'd been so engrossed I ended up not going anywhere except to our sofa - not even to make a cup of coffee.  Very strange business - time.


No comments:

Post a Comment