Tales from Cravant

Tales from Cravant
A Cravant View

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Curiosity killed the cat

Being a Leo with insatiable curiosity this is a concern. I hope to be around a while longer!
And even though I'm not really into astrology, I do recognize that I have always possessed a strong desire to 'find out'. Right now this is a particularly useful characteristic to have. . . forms for this and forms for that, in France, and forms for this and forms for that, in the UK. But at least we'll be legal. 

 A Uni friend of mine put up a quote on FB the other morning (via True Activist) by Albert Einstein - 'I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious'. As Jackie said after she'd posted it, 'what's good enough for Al is good enough for me'.  Which reminds me. There's a great track by Paul Simon off his 'Graceland' album called 'Call Me Al' and a ridiculous video of it on you tube with P.S. and Chevy Chase that'll definitely raise a laugh on a rather grey day.

Here we go. One thought leads to another. So now what's sprung into my mind?  Famous people called Al. Who to start with? A 1930s gangster or a 20th/21st century politician. Hard choice, but probably Al Gore is the more decent human, so he can take pole position, rather than Al Capone. Who else? Well there's Al Pacino, Al Jolson. Al Green. Al Jarreau. Al Foster toured with Miles Davis as his drummer. Al Dubin wrote the lyrics for amongst other things 'Lullaby of Broadway'. Al Jardine - Beach Boys, sometimes referred to as 'the lost Beach Boy' as he was the only one who wasn't a 'Wilson'. Probably there are more. Some smart arse on the internet came up with Al Qaeda.

This cat had better watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment