Tales from Cravant

Tales from Cravant
A Cravant View

Saturday, May 10, 2014

I have found my calling!

 Headed into virgin territory this morning, when I opened a new large Marmite jar. For me, it's as exciting as walking across freshly laid snow. Unfortunately this is my last jar. You almost need a mortgage to buy a jar that size over here. So new supplies are required from the UK - either when we go there or friends com here.

On a more positive note I passed my Advanced Landscape and Travel diploma with flying colours.  There were two parts to it. Firstly you had to build a website and then there was the project itself, for which a special page was needed.  Last year I created my own website using a Wix template. So I was partly there. But you also had to create a portfolio of images to a theme (twenty max) of which half were set specifically to check out technical skills etc, while the other half were my choice. The website and the portfolio had to be of a standard suitable for presentation to a magazine editor. Very useful and enjoyable. And I'm pleased with the outcome.

But so what - because any thoughts of a career in photography have now met with a challenge. Our next door neighbours have just acquired some chickens, which we're looking after for a couple of days while our neighbours have a quick break. We literally have three French hens living next door, with whom I have discovered I can communicate. I seem to have the right tone, sound and unfortunately the right movement (that's before a drop of wine has passed my lips). So a career as a chicken whisperer seems to be on the cards. None of this dangerous stuff for me though with lions and hyenas. I'll stick to local livestock and try to take some photos of Etta, Cara and the other one (Sara?) at the same time. No worries about the third name. I'll ask her tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment