Tales from Cravant

Tales from Cravant
A Cravant View

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Doing a Dawn French. . .

This is not a strictly accurate title for the subject. What it should be is, doing a Dawn French doing a Geraldine Granger (Vicar of Dibley). For those of you who have watched every episode of the VoD.,which includes me - I'm also the proud possessor of the DVDs - you will I'm sure remember the one where there is a water shortage and G.G. has to lick, sorry, decides to lick her plates clean, as a means of avoiding using the limited water supply.

I have decided to lick my ice cream bowl with the same degree of enthusiasm. So what if there's a chocolatey moustache, chocolatey pistache crunch round the corners of the mouth, or a light brown smudge tainted with pistache on end of my nose. Who cares! I am Ice-Cream Woman! The one difference between us gals (beside the lack of frontal baps on my part) is that Miss G.G. didn't have to endure the look of disapproval from the other side of the table!  Decadent plate licking? I don't understand. Our water supply has been cut off while urgent maintenance is undertaken in our road between 8am and 5pm. I filled up jugs, containers, pans etc. So purely as a means of additional support, controlled plate licking of ice cream bowl would seem to be a small but practical contribution. I'm thinking, if it's alright for Geraldine Granger why not for Madam at no 3 rue des vignes!!

Anyway regardless of what Monsieur thinks, he's just devoured the last of the aromatic pistachio Viennetta, which no doubt for ice-cream purists means 'slumming it', but I don't care. It was GRRRRREAT!



















1 comment:

  1. Two blogs about ice cream! Obsessed or what? It must have been good, or it is a quiet news week in Cravant.

    ReplyDelete